Date: 17-20 August 2023
Location: Bonn, Germany
ENAR's annual Summer Retreat will bring together anti-racist activists to practice healing, wellbeing, and joy! We will come together and work to undo harm, build solidarity and heal in an atmosphere free from interpersonal and structural violence.
This year we want to go beyond personal healing strategies and focus more on the power of community and connection in the healing process. We want to facilitate storytelling as a tool for resisting oppression, fostering healing, building a sense of community, and maintaining connectedness.
We want to:
- Create conditions for healing conversations that lead to individual and collective recovery and wellbeing.
- Provide tools for wellbeing that can be implemented within organisations and community spaces.
- Foster a more authentic sense of community and a sense of connectedness and solidarity across communities.
- Emphasize the core strengths and virtues we hold as communities to support organisational resilience.
- Equip human rights activists with strategies and tools to prevent burnout, cultivate resilience and promote self-care.
Share with your networks and register till 18 June 2023. Please get in touch with email@example.com with any questions.
Please make sure that the membership fee for your organisation is paid in order to participate in the Summer Retreat.
We will prioritise people from racialised communities as trainers and participants at the Summer Retreat. We especially encourage young anti-racist activists to join us.
Code of Conduct at ENAR meetings and events
By registering to this meeting, you confirm your agreement with ENAR's code of conduct at ENAR meetings and events.
You can download the full document HERE.
Gustav Stresemann Institute
Langer Grabenweg 68
For additional event or venue information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org